Pages

Monday, September 12, 2016

Nantes in 24 Hours

Back in July I had the chance for a very quick visit to the city of Nantes.  In my 24 hours there I saw Abolition Esclavage ( a memorial to the abolishment of slavery), the Jardin des Plantes, the Chateau des Ducs de Bretagne and watch a mechanical elephant in action at Les Machines De L’Ile, although I didn’t have time for a ride.  I ate lunch at the Creperie Ker Breizh, where local cider was served up in mugs and I tucked into the best galettes and crepes (chocolate with orange confit) I have ever tasted!  During my walk through the city I saw some incredible modern art in surprising places.  24 hours in Nantes is not nearly enough time and I will have to go back!  

What a lot of pots - Le Jardin des plantes


Les Machines De L'Ile


Chateau des Ducs de Bretagne - with 'Undercurrent' art by HEHE





1 comment: